Most homes and businesses have those difficult-to-water park strips bordering their
streets. However, it is possible to reduce wasteful watering and still have an appealing
Visit our example park strip, located along 1300 West, to get ideas for your own
park strip. We have designed it to display a range of options that will increase
the water efficiency of your park strip. See examples of hardscape styles, efficient
irrigation systems and a range of plants that thrive in less-than-optimal conditions.
- Call bluestakes before digging.
- Consult your cities ordinances before designing/installing a landscape.
- Choose plants that like it hot and dry.
- If salt is an issue during the winter, choose plants that will tolerate some salt.
- Pick plants that are low-growing so that you don’t obstruct the views of traffic.