Photography Policy Back to top ^
- All portrait photography sessions must be scheduled in advance.
- Photographers and videographers are required to acquire and carry a Portrait Photography Pass, available at the front desk of the Education Center.
- Photographers and videographers agree to abide by the Portrait Rules and Guidelines.
Portrait Photography Definition:
Portrait photography at Conservation Garden Park is defined as wedding, engagement, family portraits, or other posed portraiture of individuals by professional photographers/videographers or by amateurs acting in the role of a professional.
Portrait Photography Requirements:
Photographers and videographers who conduct portrait photography at Conservation Garden Park are required to acquire and carry a Portrait Photography Pass which is available at the reception desk. All portrait photography must be scheduled in advance. For reservations please call 801-256-4400 or email us. We reserve the right to turn away unscheduled portrait sessions.
Photography Rules and Guidelines:
The photographer/videographer agrees to abide by the Portrait Rules and Guidelines outlined below. Failure to follow these rules may result in expulsion from the Garden and/or denial of future requests.
- This is a living museum and our plant collections are tender. Garden beds should never be walked in or otherwise disturbed.
- Flowers and/or other foliage must never be removed from any plant or planting beds.
- Plant labels or other signs should not be removed or disturbed.
- Please be courteous of our other visitors and keep pathways accessible for them. Access to pathways, garden areas, hallways, stairways, and rooms may not be blocked.
- Please remember that any party who has booked a private event in a particular location of the garden has exclusive right to that reserved area.
- The garden staff may be working at any time, please do not interrupt their work by asking them to move.
- Personal belongings may not be left in the restroom during the photo shoot. Conservation Garden Park assumes no liability for loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings.
- Portrait sessions must conclude and participants be ready to leave by closing time. The Garden reserves the right to limit groups arriving less than two hours before closing time.
- Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District assumes no liability for loss, theft, or damage to equipment as a result of visiting Conservation Garden Park.
Garden Rules Back to top ^
Please follow these rules to ensure an enjoyable visit for everyone:
- Smoking is prohibited on the premises.
- No visitors allowed outside of Garden hours.
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- No skateboarding, bicycling, or rollerblading allowed.
- Visitors must stay on paths and lawn areas. Please stay out of flower beds.
- Dogs must be kept on leashes while in the Garden.
- Owners are responsible for their pet's waste and must clean and dispose of it properly.
- Do not remove plant tags or in any way modify Garden signage.
- Do not remove or collect flowers, seeds, fruits or vegetables.
- No climbing on walls, rocks, or exhibits.
- Dispose of garbage in appropriate waste receptacles.
- Keep personal items with you at all times.
- Loud music, alcohol, and firearms are prohibited.
- Be aware, the Garden is under 24 hour surveillance.
Conservation Garden Park
8275 South 1300 West
West Jordan, Utah 84088
8 - 6:30pm
8 - 8pm
8 - 6:30pm
8 - 5pm